Marshall Foundation owns and manages most of the real estate in Main Gate Square.
Louise Foucar Marshall, its founder, in the early 1900’s was the first female professor at the University of Arizona. She built the first stores at Main Gate Square approximately 90 years ago and founded the Foundation in 1930. Mrs. Marshall died in 1956 and left all of our assets to a volunteer Board of Directors who continue her legacy today.
Since that time, the Marshall Foundation through the management of its real estate assets and redevelopment of the area has donated over $16 million to the University of Arizona primarily in the form of scholarships or special projects and to over 250 not-for-profit organizations in Pima County that serve youth and promote education, arts, culture and health and wellness. For more information visit www.marshallfoundation.com.